How to Select French Bulldog Puppies
French Bulldogs are usually described as ‘clowns in a philosopher’s cloak’ since their glum faces mask their very comical traits. The popularity of French Bulldog puppies lie in their reputation as companion pets. With their even temperament, easygoing and amiable nature, this breed Frenchie for sale makes for very pleasant companions for the elderly and children.
Affectionately referred to as Frenchies, this breed is small, muscular with a heavy bone structure and a heavy head. They possess a smooth coat and their small face is trademarked with ‘bat’ ears. French Bulldogs like being couch potatoes as much as they like chasing balls. Although active and alert, they are not good as security dogs. Here are some key facts related to these puppies.
French Bulldog Puppies: Key Considerations
Some major characteristics and concerns with French Bulldog puppies are:
Problems associated with a short face: This breed faces some health problems due to their short face. Hence, you must be sure to:
- Keep this breed away from smoke, chemical cleaning products, allergenic pollen and freshly-cut grass to avoid respiratory problems.
- Veterinarians must be very careful with their treatment. They must be administered only modern anesthetics and their heart and blood pressure must be checked often.
- French Bulldogs must be housed in air-conditioned or cool environments. In hot and humid weathers, they become vulnerable to heatstroke as they cannot pant vigorously enough to keep themselves cool.
- Dog collars must be avoided since it applies pressure on its windpipe and makes it difficult to breathe.
- The folds of its skin must be washed after meals.
General health problems: Poor breeding practices can lead to health problems for that Bulldogs. There are probabilities of joint, heart and eye diseases and spinal cord disorders.
Obstinacy: This Bulldog puppies can be very stubborn and manipulative, especially when they are being trained or exercised. You have to show them consistently that you are the boss. Food is a good motivator to goad them to perform different tasks; however, if they are not exercised properly, they end up being fat and unhealthy.